A major concern for every business has been to find a way to respond new market conditions and to gain competency in emerging scenario. Comprehensive and effective planning and implementation of an efficient strategy for growth in order to develop new markets for the business to expand it before the current market flattens out, can be the only way your business will survive tough times. This can also provide you a considerable edge in the competition increasing in market. Along with time, business market also changes. Encountering the growth restrictions in your original target market can be a simultaneous phenomenon as your business and market share increases steadily.
The Past year brought severe consequences on the businesses and people as the COVID-19 trends have affected the growth in an unforeseen manner. Also this has made organizations and policy makers analyzing that, how technology has been a crucial link between businesses and market, and enhanced the people’s ability to keep working, learning and socializing. Reliance on technology and IT resources has opened up new gateways of opportunities, improvements and new innovations.In the uncertainty about the predictions over how long this is going to be affecting lives, a chance has come to analyze the conditions and to think of some ideas for the growth of businesses ahead. This article will introduce some of the development and operational (DevOps) trends that may be the key to a successful business in the coming year 2021.
- Reliance on Artificial Intelligence: The introduction of Artificial Intelligence resources has gained worldwide attention as it has assumed to be playing most crucial role in performing diverse functions for businesses. It has been speculated the most as a DevOps trend for the 2021 and its popularity as a trend is probably most crucial in assuming the DevOps future. Its majorrole is expected to be in the monitoring of various conventional activities.It can contribute in the optimization of test cases, and simultaneously reducing the time taken during the development phase of an application.
- Becoming Cloud Centric: Even before the COVID-19, most of the organizations, companies and firms had started adopting a greater cloud centric infrastructure in order to gain support for cloud-based workflows and applications. As the need for organizations to adjust and adapt will be enhancing, this move will take place much faster than it is expected and planned. As per‘IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Developer and DevOps 2021 Predictions’, by the end of 2021, more than 80% organizations will develop a system to enhance the acceleration rate of shift to cloud by 200%. A more dedicated approach for developing an efficient remote workforce has enhanced the hopes of an increased number of this. This technology is capable of an easy implementation of a greater level of innovation and advancement. This makes it a relevant DevOps trend for the coming year as it provides the opportunities for the optimum utilization of technology.
- Hybrid by Design: So many companies has adopted the work-from-home culture in the year 2020 and still no one can predict what this would be like by the end of this year as employees of so many organizations are still operating from their homes. For the coming year 2021, companies are required to take more comprehensive and long term decisions to manage their disseminated workforce. It has been observed during the phase that only those organizations have managed to accelerate and achieving goals which have adopted a completely changed approach and accepted that they have to give their employees to work in any circumstances and work together anywhere as equals. This only approach according to IDC is going to be a key to success in the 2021.
- Increasing Self-Service: Some eminent State of DevOps Reports in 2020 has highlighted that self-service for developers are a good option for growth and development. This is just not being because of the improving self-service options but also it has the potential to cater the goals of organizations with maturing DevOps practices. Self-service capabilities have already been developed for a wide range of DevOps practices such as, Dev environments; CI/CD workflows; Deployment patterns; Database Provisioning; Monitoring and Alerting; audit Logging etc.
- The Shift in Focus to DevOps Assembly Lines:Numerous companies have started dedicating time and efforts in the automation of their complete software development process.This helps them knowing everything about the emerging DevOps trends. A seismic shift from CI pipelines to DevOps assembly lines can be highly expected which may include- Incredible Nested Visibility; Local Integrations; Fast Onboard and Scale with “As-Code” Philosophy; Amazing CD (Continuous Delivery) with Interoperability; Group Based Business Intelligence and Analytics; and Collaborative Customer Feedback and Optimization. These Assembly Lines seems to be the best examples of DevOps and automation.
- Observability: In the DevOps framework, Observability means that to deduce from an application’s depiction of its interior state should be simple. It should be simple to observe that when the applications are more distributed, why some parts of the app is failing and disordering the system. Here comes the related concept of cardinality which denotes the number of classified entities of time-series data a system preserves. A system is expectedly considered to be more observable when it holds the greater level of cardinality.
- Site Reliability Engineering:SRE is a valuable practice if it is about creating scalable and highly reliable software systems. It makes managing large systems feasible and easy with the help of codes which ensures scalability and sustainability. It helps sysadmins managing thousands of machines with ease. SRE seems to be trending in 2021 as a DevOps trend because it is helpful in finding a balance between new features and it also makes sure that users can rely upon them. Two important components of the SRE model are standardization and automation. SR Engineers should always focus on finding ways to enhance and automate operational tasks as by this SRE works for improving system reliability for now and also makes it dynamic over the time. SRE is the support for shifting from conventional approach to IT operations to a cloud-native approach.
- Security is Priority: Coming year is indicating that the security will be prioritized so much by the DevOps services in outsourcing companies. Modern technology raises numerous concern regarding security, but in the wake of ongoing conditions as many organizations have moved online for working and learning, these security concerns must not be there and their elimination should be the highest priority. This also needs to be understood that security is not the responsibility of experts but of everyone. Consequently, awareness on cybersecurity requires to be enhanced so that the netizens can be protected. Security has been a crucial component of the process of software development and it will always remain as, which shows that it is going to be an important DevOps trend in 2021. In order to ensure security companies must be considering and ensuring- security checks at every stage, making security an integral part of developers’ performance review, and security should be a part of quality assurance process.
DevOps have become an essential component of the growing industry and world of Information Technology. The considerable growth of DevOps has brought to the development and introduction of new trends every year with new vision and different priorities.