It would not be wrong in saying that “Healthcare” by its nature is one of the strongest as well as a competitive industry. Also, it is that today every sector, from providers to payers, life sciences to healthcare software providers, all of them leverage their data assets either by lowering or optimizing costs to keep their share in the market as well as remain viable too.
Now if you are getting your business started and you need to build things from its scratch, every time what you need to do is to deploy, and what in this you are looking at is the recipe for failure.
Ideally, and historically it is a fact that innovation and compliance are two poles apart and have been seen as opposing forces. It is also that with the speed of innovation often at the result that comes out is a laborious process of achieving these compliances.
At Cloud Stack Group, an AWS Partner Network (APN) Premier Consulting Partner with AWS Competencies in DevOps, Healthcare, and Life Sciences, this was the known truth when we worked with legacy systems. We could either innovate or work to remain compliant.
In the last few years, we have delivered reliable, as well as repeatable benefits of DevOps services along with DevOps automation. It is that DevOps is often is known for the delivery of advanced services and capabilities through continuous processes. In healthcare IT, we use DevOps so as to reduce the system development lifecycle and with that to speed the time in the market. All this is possible only by allowing the process of rapid development and deployment of features, along with the details for its fixes.
Today, the most innovative healthcare cloud companies move fast and stay secure through DevOps automation and compliance safeguards.
As you manage more data faster, how do you ensure your environment is in compliance with increasingly complex frameworks and requirements such as HIPAA, GxP, and GDPR? Does compliance have to slow innovation? We don’t believe so. This is where DevOps is empowering the healthcare industry in the cloud.
In this post, we’ll explore the advantages of a true DevOps model for your healthcare organization’s environment on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
On AWS, DevOps isn’t just about automating and streamlining software development; it’s about uniting the developers and operations units.
A true DevOps model creates an environment where developers and operations work together, side-by-side, building scalable, repeatable, and predictable processes. This allows for smaller, more frequent updates and the growth of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) movement, making microservices efficient and fast.
Cloud Stack customers leverage DevOps principles to deploy new application versions from development, through testing and user validation, all the way to production, leveraging automation to ensure the application is deployed in an approved and standardized manner. This allows not only for increased development velocity but an approved change control and audit process.
Now let us proceed further and check on some of the advantageous cases that DevOps includes.
- DevOps can be used to quickly adopt new technologies. When AWS releases a new service or adds a new service to their HIPAA Eligible Services list, ClearDATA’s customers are interested in quickly adopting those services. This can range from a machine learning platform like Amazon SageMaker or a Natural Language Processing service like Amazon Comprehend Medical.
- By adopting DevOps principles, it becomes much easier to integrate new services into the organization. ClearDATA customers who leverage DevOps often begin adopting new services almost as soon as they are released because their processes allow for easy integration points.
- Healthcare and Life Sciences organizations can adopt DevOps principles to ensure security and compliance in the cloud. Many organizations have workloads spread across multiple AWS accounts and on-premises data centers. DevOps allows organizations to create strong and repeatable security configurations that can be easily deployed to all environments. This means each new account or workload adheres to the proper policies and procedures, allowing for the development velocity to remain high while the compliance of those accounts is assured.
Customer Success: How to Use DevOps to Automate Compliance
The provision of Relias on the AWS Cloud quickly realizes their concerns about their internal team’s expertise at security and compliance. Also, this set of work is required to host sensitive PHI data in AWS. They knew these concerns could be addressed by DevOps with the right managed service provider’s expertise.
The team chose us as a business partner and we helped them leverage a DevOps approach to automate compliance. Their application relies heavily on computing, and as a result, Cloud Stack Group’s automation ensures the required security controls are in place when Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instances are provisioned and destroyed.
Taking it further, there are three primary categories in cloud computing, and the list for the same is as mentioned below.
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Also, below mentioned is the list of AWS DevOps tools and its best practice that we undertake to deliver the project of AWS DevOps.
- AWS Cloud Development Kit.
- AWS CodeBuild.
- AWS CodeDeploy.
- AWS CodeStar.
- AWS Device Farm.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Infrastructure Automation.
- Infrastructure as Code.
- Monitoring and Logging.
- Communication and Collaboration.
A true DevOps model creates an environment where developers and operations work together, side-by-side, building scalable, repeatable, and predictable processes. This increases development velocity, ensures only approved changes are deployed, and that deployments are automated.
We at Cloud Stack Group have years of experience and based on that we provide work delivery within the given time frame and also with the dedication to make sure that our clients are being served.
With DevOps, organizations can quickly adopt and integrate new technologies while also creating strong and repeatable security configurations. In healthcare and life sciences, organizations can leverage DevOps practices to simultaneously achieve both innovation and compliance.
Learn more about Automated Safeguards available for AWS. To request a demo or discuss how we can help with your compliance needs, please reach out to us over a phone call or send us an email, and our team will be at your service to serve you and assist you.